Peripheral neuropathy, the result of the damage of nerves located at the outside of the spinal cord and brain, sometimes causes pain, numbness, and weakness, generally in the feet and hands. This also can affect some other areas & the body functions, including urination, circulation, and digestion. The peripheral nervous system typically sends the information from your spinal cord and brain to the other part of your body. These peripheral nerves send the sensory information to the central nervous system.
People with this peripheral neuropathy usually describe the pain as burning, tingling, it stabbing, mainly if reasoned by the treatable condition. Medications also can reduce the exact pain of this peripheral neuropathy. You can also learn about peripheral neuropathy treatment in Gurgaon.
Generally, this peripheral neuropathy can cause by infections, traumatic damages, and metabolic issues. The most common and primary reason for this is diabetes. People suffering from this peripheral neuropathy usually describe their pain as tingling, stabbing, or some burning.
Peripheral neuropathy is a type of nerve damage reasoned by several various conditions. The health conditions which can also cause peripheral neuropathy involves:
- Autoimmune disease: It includes the syndrome of Sjogren, rheumatoid arthritis, Guillain-Barre, lupus, chronic inflammatory demyelinating vasculitis, and polyneuropathy.
- Diabetes: It is a common reason. Among the people with diabetes, more than half will develop some specific type of neuropathy.
- Infections: This includes bacterial or viral infections, including shingles, hepatitis C & B, diphtheria, leprosy, Lyme disease, & HIV.
- Inherited disorders: Disorders like Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease are also hereditary types of this neuropathy.
- Tumors: Growths, cancerous and cancerous, can also develop on a nerve or press on the nerves. There is a form of the degenerative disorder known as a paraneoplastic syndrome.
- Disorders in Bone marrow: This includes the abnormal protein in the blood, lymphoma, bone cancer, and a bad disease, amyloidosis.
- Another disease: This also has liver disease, kidney disease, underactive thyroid & connective tissue disorders.
Some other reasons for the neuropathies involve:
- Alcoholism: poor dietary choices created by issues with alcoholism can also lead to vitamin deficiencies.
- Exposure to poisons: Toxic substances involve industrial chemicals & heavy metals like mercury & lead.
- Medications: Some medications, especially those utilized to treat cancer, can also cause peripheral neuropathy.
- Pressure or damage on nerve: Damages, like motor vehicle accidents, sports or falls damages, can damage or sever peripheral nerves.
- Deficiencies of vitamin: B-6, B-12, and B-1- Vitamin E & niacin are important to nerve health.
In the number of cases, no reason can also be identified.
Peripheral Neuropathy Treatment:
The treatment goals are to control the condition causing the neuropathy & also to relieve symptoms. If the lab tests indicate no underlying condition, your medical expert could recommend watchful waiting to see if the neuropathy improves.
- Pain relievers: These counter pain medications, like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, can also relieve this mild symptom. For maximum severe signals, your doctor could prescribe some painkillers. Medicines containing opioids like oxycodone or Tramadol can also lead to addiction and dependence, so these drugs are usually not prescribed unless other treatments become failed.
- Anti-seizure Medications: The medications like pregabalin, Gabapentin developed to treat epilepsy can relieve nerve pain. Side effects also can include dizziness and some drowsiness.
- Topical treatments: the capsaicin cream, which contains the substance discovered in the hot peppers, also can cause modest improvements in the peripheral neuropathy signs. You could have skin burning & irritation where you can apply some cream, but this lessens typically over time.
- Antidepressants, some tricyclic antidepressants like doxepin, amitriptyline & nortriptyline, have been discovered to relieve the pain by interfering with the chemical techniques in your spinal cord and brain cause you to experience this pain.
Norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor duloxetine & and extended-release antidepressants venlafaxine and desvenlafaxine could ease this pain of the peripheral neuropathy caused by diabetes.
Some side effects of the antidepressants can include nausea, dry mouth, dizziness, drowsiness, changes in appetite, weight gain & constipation.
Some multiple procedures and treatments could also help to erase the symptoms and signs of peripheral neuropathy.
- Intravenous & plasma exchange immune globulin
- Physical Therapy
Due to the advancement of our medical science, you can quickly get rid of these problems. It is essential to contact the right peripheral Neuropathy in Gurgaon to get the best solutions.