As human beings, we all undergo struggles in our daily life. Some of us might be lucky enough to have less of them. Some of us might have more of them. Some of us might be able to solve or overcome them easily. Some of us might take a longer time to recover. But if we are born as humans, we must encounter at least the minimum of it. These struggles at high levels could sometimes result in mind related disorders. Some of them are Mood Disorders. There are many types and causes of these Mood Disorders. What are the types and Possible Causes of Mood Disorders? Let us look at them for ourselves.
Mood Disorder is one of many Mental disorders. Mood Disorders are disturbances or problems in mood control in the brain. The mood doesn’t change suddenly in an individual. They are designed to change gradually from one to another. It could cause other kinds of physical and mental disorders too, like a cluster bomb. Taking the problem not seriously could cause a lot of problems. If left untreated, the problem could become more and more severe. Many types of Mood Disorders are caused by many reasons.
Types of Mood Disorders
There are various types of Mood Disorders. Some of them are as follows.
- Major depressive disorder – Extreme sadness experienced for a long time. It cannot be diverted with other distractions.
- Bipolar Disorder – The problem of change in mood to both extremes. This could be irritating and could cause other problems too.
- Cyclothymic Disorder – The change in mood is observed from one extreme to another. This is similar to Bipolar disorder, but with less severity.
- Dysthymia – The same as Depression, but with a long term effect.
There are many other kinds too that are Mood Disorders. They can be caused by some of the factors.
Factors causing Mood Disorder
Mood Disorder can be caused by one or multiple reasons. There are many reasons. Some of them are as follows.
- Genetic problems could cause Mood Disorders.
- Someone with illness could experience a Mood Disorder.
- Chronic stress and anxiety are some of the important causes of this problem.
- Lack of nutrition levels in the body could cause the problem easily.
- The menstruation period is the cause of the premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
There are many other causes too.
Treating and curing the disorder
There are many ways to treat this problem. If one realizes the existence of this disorder, he/she could self treat if possible. Consulting a psychiatrist or getting treated by a psychotherapist is advisable. They could help a lot. There are medications too to help with this problem. A doctor can help us find the best one for us.
Treating the problem is easy. Finding the existence is the true problem. One may not be able to identify the problem easily. Some keep the problem with themselves, even if they find it out. It is highly recommended to get treated one it is found. Underestimating the Mood Disorder could result in the worst-case scenario, which must be avoided.