Acne & Scar Reduction
Acne & Scar have become the common problems of every age group. Acne and scar not only ruins the natural beauty of people but somehow makes them feel embarrassed and unconfident. Acne and scar become a permanent problem for the people, if not treated them timely. Therefore, it is important to understand the major causes and right treatments to treat the problem of Acne Scar.
What is Acne Scar?
Acne scar is known as the inflamed blemishes which are caused by skin pores engorged with bacteria, dead skin cells and excessive oil. The skin pores swell and cause a break in the follicle wall. Shallow lesions are minor and they heal quickly whereas if the infected material comes out into the surrounding tissue then it creates deeper lesions. By forming new collagen fibers, the skin attempts to repair and eventually it brings smooth and flawless skin, but it does not look like the original skin. Therefore, medications and treatment become necessary to treat the acne.
Why does Acne need to be Treated?
There are different perspective due to which Acne needs to be treated which includes physical, emotional and social reasons as follows:
- It brings back self-esteem
- It improves appearance
- Better health of skin
There are different types of acne scars
There are two main types of acne scars one is depressed acne scar and another is raised acne scar.
Depressed Acne Scar – Depressed Acne Scar are deep-pitted scars and they are the most common kind of acne scars which is caused by inflammatory acne. It is further classified into three types of acne such as follows:
- Rolling scars – They are broadened pits lies on the skin and have rounded edges. The texture of the scars is rough and it can cause severe damage beneath the surface of the skin.
- Boxcar scars – Boxcar scars are quite similar with the rolling scars in terms of its depth and depression, but they are more defined and have strong edges.
- Ice Pick scars – Ice Pick scars are the most different one, instead of being broad they are tiny like dot depressions. But it is quite tough for the dermatologist to treat it because of its depth and depression.
Raised Acne Scar – These scars are not like depressed scars, in fact they are more prominent than depressed ones. It requires a tough treatment procedure. In terms of its look, they look like the small and big bump. It is also further divided into two common types of raised acne scars such as follows:
- Keloid Scars – When excess collagen and extra scar tissues forms on the skin then it triggers a scar on the surface. The collagen appears around the acne scar and it grows in the same size.
- Hypertrophic Scars – The presence of excess collagen enables the hypertrophic scars to appear on the skin and its intensity is less severe than of Keloid scars. It appears reddish in color and not prominent as Keloids.
Common treatments for acne scars are as follows:
In order to treat each of these acne scars there are a number of treatments have been introduced by the experienced Dermatologist for Acne Treatment in Gurgaon such as follows:
- Chemical Peels – It is an acid based liquid which is recommended to apply on the regions wherever pits are available. The chemical peel removes the outer layer of the skin and brings the new and fresh skin, which is free from diverse kinds of blemishes.
- Laser Resurfacing – In this treatment, the dermatologist uses the concentrated laser beam and make sure to apply it on the affected region of the skin and remove its layer by layer. In this process of laser peeling, the intention is to get rid of the outer layer which is covered by pits and bring the new and healthy skin.
- Dermal Fillers – Dermal fillers are some substances which are made up of synthetic and natural things. It is injected into the skin to add the volume in the region where pits form. This treatment last for 6 months to 2 years depending upon the care and type of fillers life and usage.
Other than these treatments, there are some more treatments are available such as Pimple Scar Removal, Subcision, Intralesional Injections For Keloids & Hypertrophic Scars, etc.
People at Sab Clinic will get the best treatment, depending upon the severity of the acne scars. So, get a prior appointment to get rid of this problem and enjoy the confident and beautiful life as earlier. We aim to bring million dollar smiles to our patients by offering the best treatments to them.
Video Testimonial - Acne Scar Treatment
Dr. Jasdeep Kaur
MBBS , DDVLRead More