Brain Hemorrhage - Cause, Symptoms, and Treatments
What is a Brain Hemorrhage?
A Brain Hemorrhage is kind of brain stroke which is caused by bursting the artery. It is referred to as the bleeding in and around the surrounding tissue which kills the brain cells. Hemorrhage is taken from the Greek language which means “blood bursting forth”. Brain hemorrhages are also called cerebral hemorrhages, intracranial hemorrhages, or intracerebral hemorrhages depending upon the area of the bleeding. Brain Hemorrhage counts for approx. 13-15% of all the strokes.
Some of the causes of brain hemorrhage include high blood pressure, drug abuse, abnormally weak blood vessels and trauma. When a person is suffering from such a problem, then he/she faces a lot of trouble in performing usual activities including walking, standing, sitting etc. These are not uncommon symptoms and approx. 10% of all strokes are hemorrhagic that causes bleeding into the brain.
Symptoms of a Brain Hemorrhage
- Difficulty swallowing
- Problems with vision
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache
- Difficulty talking or slurred speech
- Confusion or difficulty understanding
- Stupor, lethargy, or unconsciousness
These symptoms are the best sign to identify that there is something wrong in the brain and people around the patient must get it diagnosed it immediately as any kind of a delay can be dangerous for people.
Causes of Brain Hemorrhage
There are several factors that lead to brain hemorrhage, therefore it is advised to never neglect a brain injury because it can be troublesome in future.
- Head trauma or injuries
- Liver disease
- Brain tumor
- Drug abuse
- High blood pressure
- Blood vessel abnormalities
- Blood or bleeding disorders
- A cerebral aneurysm, a weak area in an artery in the brain
How is a Brain Hemorrhage Diagnosed?
Once the patient describes all the problems that he/she is facing and those problems are the clear symptoms of stroke or brain hemorrhage. Then the doctor asks the patient to evaluate the suspected things immediately through diverse tests and examination. The examination may reveal evidence of brain injury with weakness, slurred speech, and/or loss of sensations. The doctor may ask the patient for a general radiology and computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan. These tests reveal the actual cause of the brain hemorrhage and exact location of brain bleeding. If bleeding is noted in or around the brain then the doctor may ask the patient again for further tests to determine the severity and cause of bleeding. These additional tests will help the doctor to determine the next step, should they start the treatment or they should go for one more test i.e. spinal tap (lumbar puncture), where doctors get the actual evidence of bleeding or brain problem.
How Is a Brain Hemorrhage Treated?
Depending upon the reports of diverse tests, the doctor determines which part of the brain is affected and on the basis of the same symptoms, brain hemorrhage is treated. The treatment of bleeding depends upon the location, cause, and extent of the hemorrhage. Doctors may go for surgery in case of swelling and prevent bleeding. Apart from the treatments, certain medications are given to patients which include painkillers, corticosteroids, or diuretics to reduce swelling, and anticonvulsants to control seizures.
Can a Brain Hemorrhages Be Prevented?
As brain hemorrhages are associated with a number of specific risk factors, therefore, people need to minimize the risk by following a number of ways such as follows:
- Studies show that 80% of cerebral hemorrhage patients have a history of high blood pressure and treating the high blood pressure is important as high blood pressure can lead to a big problem. In this case, the patient needs to follow the diet, exercise, and medication to keep control over blood pressure
- It is important to enjoy the drive wearing a seat belt
- Always wear a helmet, if you are riding a motorcycle
- It is not allowed to smoke, so quit smoking
- Don’t use drugs as it can increase the risk of bleeding in the brain
- If you are suffering from diverse abnormalities like aneurysms then surgery may prevent future bleeding
- If you take the drug warfarin, then make sure to get a follow up regularly as a doctor makes sure that the blood levels are correct or not.
In this way, the brain diagnoses and treatment is done by the highly qualified and experienced neurologist. So, it is advised to be careful with your eating habits and do exercise on regular basis to control the blood pressure. A regular check-up with doctors is required, so don’t neglect it as it can lead to a big trouble for you.
Sab Clinic offers you the great services to beat the Brain Hemorrhage related problems. Just ask for the consultation if you are experiencing the symptoms of the Brain problems and get Brain Hemorrhage Surgical treatment in Gurgaon.
- Brain Hemorrhage